Drum Score Editor version 2.2 is here!
SummaryThe major changes are as follows:
- Ability to add tenor symbols as recommended by EUSPBA
- Double dot of notes and rests
- Size of score on screen matches physical paper size shown (at 100% scale)
- Ties for rolls are drawn underneath accents
- .ds always added to filename
- New score preferences saved
- Software license status reported at startup
- Numerous bug fixes and optimisations
It is well understood that there are many variations of tenor symbols, with no complete standard in use anywhere, the EUSPBA symbols are the only documented standard found to date but even they are not a complete list.
Given the infinite number of possibilities of markings and symbols, some of which are only understood by sometimes a single corps, a more complete strategy for musical notation for tenors is needed.
Filename Always Suffixed With .ds
Set Preferences For All New Scores Generated
The complete list of features for licensed users is now:
- Rudiment Libraries - save your favourite phrases, organise them and use them over and over
- Clone staff line - make a complete copy of the staff line the cursor is on, includes all notes etc
- 1st & 2nd time workflow - turn the current staff line into a 1st time and generate a new 2nd time line, adjusting bar markers and adding text as needed.
- Export as PDF/JPEG/PNG/SVG - create easily emailed files or graphics for embedding in other software e.g. Word, web sites etc
- Workspace Preferences - remembers the placement and size of Drum Score on your screen between sessions, also if you've moved toolbars around
- New Score Preferences - allows user to preset values for all new scores generated
- Sense of satisfaction that you've contributed financially to supporting Drum Score Editor
- New score button launches generate score workflow instead of creating blank page
- Export as PDF now create PDF with same physical sizes as specified paper size
- Overlaps in coloured highlights in PDF files fixed
- Export as JPG tooltip corrected
- Format text menu items now reflect selected item state when opened
- Rests were being painted in white instead of black in selection and rudiment library images
- Paste of rudiment library items involving irregular groups not scaling tie properly
- New text areas not respecting specified default font & size property
- 12/8 scores being generated with too many bars per part
- Undo was allowing elements of scores loaded from file to be undone
- Other minor fixes